This apple tart is seasonal, simple and scrumptious! Store bought crust makes this dessert quick, easy and accessible for even the most novice of home cooks.
- 9 inch (store bought) pie crust
- 2 large honeycrisp apples, cored and sliced into 1/4” thick slices
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch Kosher salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- vanilla ice cream
- Ms. Richardson’s caramel sauce
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Unroll your pie crust onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Add apple slices to a large bowl and squeeze lemon over them.
- Then add 1/4 cup sugar, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, all spice, salt and vanilla to the bowl and toss to coat the apples evenly coat them in the spice mixture.
- Arrange apples into the center of the pie crust, leaving about an inch or so of space around the edges.
- Fold edges of crust over the apples, pleating as you fold.
- Brush crust with egg mixture and sprinkle remaining tablespoon of sugar over the entire tart.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the crust is dark golden brown and the apples are soft but not mushy.
- Allow to cool for just a few minutes, then top with ice cream and caramel. Slice and serve!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: apple pie, apple galette, fall dessert, apple dessert