The combination of stewed tomatoes and smooth, creamy coconut milk combined with tender, flaky cod will ignite your taste buds!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1.5 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 pints cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 cup veggie stock
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1 pound fresh cod
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped cilantro + more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice
- Kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. A wide pan with at least 2″ high sides is ideal.
- Add onion along with a pinch of salt and pepper and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add garlic and cook for another minute, stirring frequently.
- Add grape tomatoes, curry powder, veggie broth, coconut milk and a big pinch of salt and pepper.
- Cover with a tight fitting lid, turn heat up a bit and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add cod to the pan, nestling it into the sauce. Cover and simmer for another 7-10 minutes or until the fish is completely cooked through and flakes easily.
- Stir fresh chopped cilantro and lime juice in to the curry.
- Garnish with a little more chopped cilantro and enjoy!
Cod is great in this recipe, but any mild white fish will work! Grouper, mahi mahi, pollack, or even tilapia would all work in place of cod.
Season. Season. Season. And then season some more! This dish is SO simple! And with just 10 ingredients, it’s really important to adequately season with salt and pepper to bring out the flavors of the simple ingredient list.
Trust your gut on the cook time for the fish. The easiest way to tell if fish is cooked through is to test it with a fork. Gently poke the thickest part of the fish with a fork and twist the fork a bit. If the fish flakes easily, it is done! If the fish does not flake easily, give it a little more simmer time.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American/Indian
Keywords: curried fish, fish curry, cod curry, curry cod, cod soup, curry soup, coconut curry, tomato curry