This vegan sesame ginger pasta salad is loaded with fresh vegetables and homemade dressing for a healthy take on a classic Asian pasta salad.
For pasta salad:
- 16 oz. spaghetti, cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup red pepper, diced
- 1 cup yellow pepper, diced
- 1 cup red cabbage, diced
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1.5 cups shelled edamame
- 3 stalks green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
- 1 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- Kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- Add all pasta salad ingredients to a large bowl.
- Add all dressing ingredients to a large mason jar and shake it up real good.
- If you are planning to serve the pasta salad immediately, pour dressing into the serving bowl and toss until everything is well coated.
- Garnish with sesame seeds.
- If you are planning to meal prep this recipe like I did, pour about 1/2 of the dressing into the serving bowl and toss until everything is well coated.
- Then divide into 8 containers and garnish each container of salad with sesame seeds. Each morning before work, or just before serving add another splash of dressing to the salad.
- This will ensure that the noodles don’t get too soggy and that your pasta salad is still flavorful a few days later.
Make sure you cook your pasta just to al dente. Nothing ruins a pasta salad more than overcooked pasta. I always cook my pasta for the minimum time listed on the instructions (sometimes even a minute or two less). This ensures that the pasta still has a bit of a bite and will not become mushy when you add the dressing.
If you’ll be eating this salad as meal prep recipe, just add half the dressing initially. Then add a little more each day just before eating so that the pasta salad doesn’t get soggy.
Switch out the veggies to fit your taste. Feel free to add broccoli instead of red pepper or green cabbage instead of purple. As long as you keep the ratios the same, you can use any veggies you’d like!
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: Asian pasta salad, cold noodle salad, sesame pasta salad, pasta salad