This vegan curry lentil soup is loaded with your favorite pantry staples – classic curry spices, garbanzo beans, and split red lentils. It has all the feels of comfort food so your family will never guess it’s completely loaded with healthy, wholesome ingredients!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup split red lentils
- 1 (15 oz.) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 (13.5 oz.) can full fat coconut milk
- 32 oz. vegetable broth
- juice of 1 lime (about 2 tablespoons)
- Kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- fresh chopped cilantro for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a dutch oven over medium heat. Add onions along with a pinch of salt and pepper. Saute for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add garlic, curry powder, cumin, ginger, and cinnamon and cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Deglaze the pan with a splash of broth, scraping all the yummy bits off the bottom of the pan.
- Add chickpeas, lentils, coconut milk and remianing broth. Stir to combine.
- Turn up heat and bring to a simmer. Simmer over medium to medium low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the lentils are cooked through.
- Stir in fresh squeezed lime juice, garnish with fresh cilantro and enjoy!
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Indian
Keywords: lentil soup, curry soup, vegan lentil soup, vegan curry soup