10 minutes and 4 ingredients is all that stands between you and this ooey gooey wheel of baked brie loaded with fig jam and pecans. Spoon it onto a slice of French baguette and serve with a full bodied red wine!
- 8 oz. wheel of brie cheese
- 2 tablespoons fig jam
- 1/3 cup pecan halves
- sliced French baguette for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place wheel of brie into the center of the baking dish. Slice a crosshatch pattern across the top of the brie.
- Spread fig jam across the top of the wheel of brie.
- Gently press pecans into fig jam.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until gooey and melty inside. Use a spoon to gently press on the top of the rind to feel if it is melted inside.
- Serve with sliced crusty French baguette.
Don’t over bake the brie. It’s not the end of the world if you leave it in the oven for too long but it will get SUPER DUPER melty if it’s in the oven for longer than 10 minutes. You want to melt the brie just so it’s creamy.
Top it with whatever your guests will eat. As long as you keep the ratios about the same, you can top this brie with whatever your friends and family will eat. Use this recipe as a blueprint!
If the nuts seems to be browning too quickly in the oven, place a sheet of tin foil over the cheese and continue baking. This will slow the browning process.
Keywords: baked cheese, baked camembert, holiday cheese, baked cheese appetizer