- In a small saucepan combine olive oil and garlic over medium low heat. Heat for 12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, stir in oregano, thyme and a moderate pinch of salt and pepper.
- Pour oil mixture into a wide shallow serving dish.
- Pour in balsamic vinegar and sprinkle with shredded Parmesan.
- Serve with sliced French baguette for dipping and enjoy!
Use fresh garlic. Don't use a jar of minced garlic. Grab some fresh cloves and mince them yourself. Fresh garlic is usually cheaper and honestly, you have no idea how long those jars of garlic have been sitting on the shelf before you buy them.
Use quality olive oil. You don't have to spend an arm and a leg to get good olive oil. Look for something cold pressed, organic and most importantly in your price range!
Shred your own Parmesan cheese. Pre-shredded cheeses are coated in cellulose so the shreds don't stick together. Skip the additives and opt for a wedge of Parmesan. There is nothing more delicious than freshly grated cheese!
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: bread dipping oil, bread dip, olive oil dip