These Sheet Pan Shredded Chicken Nachos take less than 20 minutes from start to finish and since they’re made on a baking sheet, you’ve only got one dish to wash! Customize them to suit your family’s taste or use whatever you’ve got in the fridge for a quick and easy weeknight dinner everyone will love!
- 8 oz. of tortilla chips
- 8 oz. shredded mozzarella or cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded Mexican seasoned chicken*
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 oz. shredded pepper jack cheese
- fresh chopped cilantro
- halved grape tomatoes
- diced red onion
- sliced jalapeno
- thinly sliced radish
- cotija cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Arrange chips on a large baking sheet, overlapping slightly.
- Sprinkle mozzarella over the chips in an even layer.
- Add seasoned shredded chicken and black beans in an even layer.
- Top with shredded pepper jack cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the toppings are heated through and the cheese is melted.
- Broil for 1-2 minutes or until the cheese starts to get dark golden brown on top.
- Top with your favorites and enjoy!
*You can use my Instant Pot Shredded Chicken recipe for these nachos. If you prefer to just use regular shredded chicken breast, you can add some extra flavor by tossing the chicken with 1/2 a cup of salsa and 1-2 teaspoons of cumin.
It may seem counterintuitive to put the cheese down before the toppings, but I promise there’s a method to this madness! A moderate layer of cheese before the toppings is going to create a barrier between the chips and toppings, ensuring that your chips don’t get soggy from the moisture released by the chicken and black beans.
For a different flavor, toss your shredded chicken in 1/2 a cup of your favorite BBQ sauce. Or if you’re in the mood for something spicy, toss the chicken in buffalo sauce!
Feel free to switch out the black beans for your family’s favorite bean. We eat black beans on EVERYTHING because I do the cooking in this house and I love them. And they’re such an easy and inexpensive way to bulk up a meal with fiber and protein. Pinto beans, kidney beans, or chickpeas would be great in place of the black beans though!
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Mexican/American
Keywords: sheet pan dinner, ultimate chicken nachos recipe, chicken nacho recipe