This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These Sheet Pan Nachos with shredded chicken take less than 20 minutes from start to finish and since they're made on a baking sheet, you've only got one dish to wash! Customize them to suit your family's taste or use whatever you've got in the fridge for a quick and easy weeknight dinner everyone will love!
You'll Love These
- They're super quick and easy! How quick and easy? 20 minutes from prep time to dinner time, in fact! Preheat your oven, toss everything on the pan, pop it in for about 10 minutes and dinner is done! We have sheet pan nachos at least a few times a month because, well they're delicious, but also because next to a homemade pizza, they're the easiest way to use up what've you got in the fridge.
- These sheet pan chicken nachos are a great way to use up leftovers and clean out the fridge! You know, the leftover shredded chicken from taco night last week. Or those last few olives in the jar in the back of the fridge. The last few slices or handful of shredded cheddar cheese in the cheese drawer. Do you have a cheese drawer? If you live in Wisconsin, you've got a cheese drawer! Maybe we're the only ones with a cheese drawer...
- You can easily customize these nachos to suit your family's taste. Make one half with jalapenos, black olives, and onions, and leave the other half with just chicken and cheese. For a meatless option, use chickpeas instead! Use this recipe as a blueprint and make it your own!
Arrange chips on a large baking sheet, overlapping slightly.
Sprinkle mozzarella over the chips in an even layer.
Add seasoned shredded chicken in an even layer.
Add black beans in an even layer.
Top with shredded pepper jack cheese.
Bake for 10 minutes or until the toppings are heated through and the cheese is melted. Then broil for 1-2 minutes.
Top with your favorites and enjoy!
- It may seem counterintuitive to put the cheese down before the toppings, but I promise there's a method to this madness! A moderate layer of cheese before the toppings is going to create a barrier between the chips and toppings, ensuring that your chips don't get soggy from the moisture released by the chicken and black beans. My main goal in life is to avoid soggy foods and a preliminary layer of cheese does just that! Of course, you've got to add a bit more cheese on top too, just to anchor all the toppings in place. And you thought you were just making nachos? No, you're building a masterpiece!
- My Instant Pot Shredded Chicken Tacos recipe works great for these sheet pan nachos. However, any shredded chicken will do! If you're using plain shredded chicken, try adding some extra flavor by tossing the chicken with ½ a cup of salsa and 1-2 teaspoons of cumin. You could also do the same with leftover grilled chicken.
- For a different flavor, toss your shredded chicken in ½ a cup of your favorite BBQ sauce. Or if you're in the mood for something spicy, toss the chicken in buffalo sauce!
- Feel free to switch out the black beans for your family's favorite bean. We eat black beans on EVERYTHING because I do the cooking in this house and I love them. And they're such an easy and inexpensive way to bulk up a meal with fiber and protein. Pinto beans, kidney beans, or chickpeas would be great in place of the black beans though!
Other Family Favorites
- Instant Pot Shredded Mexican Chicken
- Simple Ground Beef Flautas
- Vegetarian Enchilada Casserole
- Mexican Street Corn Pasta Salad
- Baked Crispy Black Bean Tacos
- Easy Baked Fish Tacos