This walking taco casserole takes just 25 minutes from start to finish and comes together all in one pan for a tasty alternative to your classic taco Tuesday family dinner! It's loaded with all your favorite taco flavors and a signature homemade seasoning blend!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 white onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 cup restaurant style salsa
- 8 oz. shredded cheese
- 3 cups Fritos
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup diced tomato
- sliced green onion
- sliced jalapeno
- sour cream
- fresh chopped cilantro
- taco sauce
- sliced black olives
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium high heat.
- Add onion along with a couple pinches of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently for 4 minutes.
- Add garlic, chili powder, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, dried oregano, and a couple pinches of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently for 30 seconds or so.
- Add raw ground beef and cook, crumbling with a spatula until cooked through.
- Stir in salsa and black beans.
- Cover taco meat with cheese and bake, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Add a layer of Fritos, then a layer of lettuce, then a layer of tomatoes.
- Garnish with sour cream and sliced jalapeno and enjoy!
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stove Top + Oven
- Cuisine: Mexican/American
Keywords: Frito pie, hot dish