This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Creamy Vegan Tuscan Pasta packs all the comforting flavor of Tuscan chicken pasta into a delicious, meatless meal. The rich sun-dried tomato cream sauce perfectly coats al dente noodles and seasoned chickpeas so your family is still getting the protein they need.
*This recipe is featured in my January Recipe Challenge which means you can win a $100 prize just for making it! Click here for more information!
You'll Love This
- It’s quick and easy! This creamy vegan pasta is on the table in less than 30 minutes, which makes it a great option for a busy weeknight dinner. The only knife work required for this Tuscan pasta recipe is a quick slice of some cloves of garlic - otherwise, it's just dump and mix! Quick prep time + a short simmer on the stove makes this dinner one of our family's favorites!
- It’s vegan AND packed with protein! Introducing more meatless meals is good for your health and your budget, but everyone's biggest concern about meat-free meals is where they'll get their protein! Incorporating chickpeas into a creamy vegan alfredo pasta is the perfect way to cut out meat without cutting out protein!
- The creamy Tuscan sauce can be used for a dairy-free meal as well. If you’re just avoiding lactose (and not worried about creating a meatless meal), feel free to add some grilled chicken or leftover rotisserie chicken to this recipe for dairy-free Tuscan chicken pasta with all the richness of the original dish, and none of the dairy!
Saute garlic, oregano, sun-dried tomatoes, and a couple pinches of salt and pepper in the oil from your sun-dried tomatoes.
Bring to a gentle simmer over medium heat. Then reduce heat and simmer gently for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add fresh greens and balsamic vinegar.
Stir until greens are wilted. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Add cooked pasta, and a splash of reserved pasta water if needed.
Toss to coat noodles.
Garnish with vegan Parmesan and fresh chopped parsley and enjoy!
- Try to use oil-packed tomatoes. You can use regular olive oil if needed, but the oil that sun-dried tomatoes come in is loaded with Italian herbs and spices. It adds lots of rich flavor to this creamy vegetarian pasta! (These are my favorite sun-dried tomatoes.)
- Use your favorite vinegar (or whatever you have on-hand). The vinegar is just a splash of acid to cut the creaminess of the sauce. Balsamic vinegar helps deepen the flavor, but you can use whatever vinegar you have. I've also used white wine vinegar or red wine vinegar in this recipe with great results!
- Use your favorite noodles! This creamy Tuscan pasta sauce works with any noodle shape, of course. Do you have little people who like bowties? Perfection. Does fettucini feel more elegant for a dine-in date night? Go for it. Use up whatever you've got in the cupboard!
- Forgot to save some pasta water? It happens to us all. Just add a splash of broth or water to this vegan Tuscan pasta as your tossing it (if needed) in place of the pasta water called for in the recipe. But, I would advise you to get into the habit of saving pasta water! It is literally like liquid gold and does the best job of helping the sauce coat every nook and cranny of your noodles.
Family Favorite Pasta
- No Boil Baked Manicotti
- Creamy Balsamic Mushroom Pasta
- Cheesy Mediterranean Lasagna
- One Pan Street Corn Mac & Cheese
- Cheesy Spinach Lasagna Rolls Ups