This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This creamy Tuscan chicken is the picture of perfection! Sun dried tomato and Parmesan cream sauce along with juicy herb seasoned chicken breasts, nestled into a bed of al dente fettuccine noodles.
You'll Love This
- It's quick and easy! Less than 30 minutes from start to finish is all it takes to get this creamy Tuscan chicken on the dinner table. It's totally do-able on a busy weeknight or it makes the perfect date night dish for a Friday night in with your other half!
- The flavors are rich and comforting! Nutty Parmesan cheese and sweet-tart sun dried tomatoes combine in the most delicious Tuscan inspired cream sauce you've ever tasted! Paired with herby chicken breast and al dente noodles, this meal will quickly gain a spot in your monthly meal rotation!
- It's totally customizable based on your family's dietary needs and tastes. If you're following a keto lifestyle, serve it over zucchini noodles. If you're not worried about counting carbs (like me!) then serve it over al dente noodles. I also like to serve this creamy Tuscan chicken over my easy garlic mashed potatoes. It pairs well with a simple green salad to offset the richness of the dish.
Heat a large saute pan over medium high heat.
Add chicken breast to a large bowl and add oil, oregano, sage and a large pinch of salt and pepper.
Toss to coat chicken breasts evenly.
Cook chicken until a dark golden brown crust forms on each side. Set aside.
Saute garlic, oregano, sage, thyme and a large pinch of salt and pepper in oil.
Deglaze the pan with white wine, chicken broth or even just water, scraping all the yummy bits off the bottom of the pan. Add half and half to the pan and simmer for 10-12 minutes.
Add Parmesan and stir until melted.
Nestle chicken into the sauce and cook, covered, on low heat until chicken is heated through.
Serve over al dente fettuccine noodles if desired and garnish with fresh parsley.
- Always use oil packed sun dried tomatoes. These are my personal favorites - they are packed in oil and also have Italian herbs. The oil that these tomatoes are packed in is SO flavorful, which makes it perfect for sauteing chicken breast or adding to salad dressing (like in my Sun Dried Tomato Pasta Salad)! If you don't have oil packed sun dried tomatoes, you can just use regular olive oil.
- Thinly sliced chicken breast is the key to cooking this dish quickly. A large, thick chicken breast is going to take longer to cook, so I like to either buy thinly sliced chicken or cut it thinly myself. For a normal size chicken breast, I would cut it in half length-wise. This video gives a great tutorial on how to slice the chicken breast.
- If you don't have white balsamic vinegar, you can use red wine vinegar, white wine vinegar or even regular balsamic vinegar in its place. What you're looking for is something acidic just to cut the creaminess of the sauce. A teaspoon of acid is just thing to do the trick!
- The perfect pan for this meal (in my humble opinion) is this enameled cast iron pan. It's the perfect size to hold this delicious meal and it is beautiful enough to go right from your stovetop to the dinner table. This pan is the work house of my kitchen and I legit use it at least 2-3 times a week.
- 30 Minute Baked Ravioli
- 10 Minute Vegetarian Lasagna
- Tomato & Garlic Bucatini
- Smoked Gouda Mac & Cheese
- One Pot Mushroom Stroganoff