This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This crowd pleasing, quick and easy taco dip will quickly become a favorite at every game day party! The ingredient list is short, sweet, and filled with familiar flavors that your guests will love!
You'll Love This
- It's hands down the best taco dip recipe you'll find! Nearly every taco dip recipe I've found on the internet uses cream cheese and some sort of dried spice mixture as the base. I've had those cream cheese dips before but they just don't compare to this sour cream and bean dip base! The flavor and texture are second to none! So, look no further - you've found the best taco dip recipe on the internet!
- It takes literally minutes to throw together! We are talking maybe 5 minutes at the most. You can buy pre-shredded cheese and lettuce and pre-sliced veggies which means it honestly might even take you less than 5 minutes.
- You can make it ahead of time! You can make this dip up to 24 hours in advance, then store it tightly covered in the fridge until you're ready to eat. However, more than 24 hours in the fridge and the lettuce starts to get a bit wilty. But if you need to make it further in advance, just mix the base layer and spread it on your serving platter. Then cover and refrigerate for up to 5 days. When you're ready to eat, just top with lettuce, cheese, tomato, olive and onion and serve!
- Everyone loves taco dip! I'm not sure if I've actually hosted a party WITHOUT making taco dip to be honest. It's always my go-to appetizer and was probably one of the first things that I learned how to make from my mom when I was a kid! I do have to give a quick shout out to her as this recipe is totally hers! I tweaked it just a tad but for the most part, this is the same taco dip she's been making since forever. Thanks Mom for this amazing taco dip recipe! 🙂
Combine sour cream, bean dip, cumin and salt in a medium bowl.
Spread mixture onto your serving dish.
Top with shredded lettuce.
Then add cheese.
Next add tomatoes.
Finish with black olives and green onions. Then serve with your favorite crispy tortilla chips.
Spice It Up
- Add seasoned ground beef! Brown some ground beef and add cumin, chili powder and garlic powder to it. Let it cool and then add it on top of the sour cream and bean dip base making this a hearty, meaty appetizer!
- Use pepperjack cheese instead of cheddar! If you like a bit more of a kick to your dip, try using shredded pepperjack in place of the cheddar or mix the two together!
- Add pickled jalapenos or diced green chiles! I love to toss jalapenos or diced green chiles on this dip to add a little bit of spice. Make sure to note whether you're buying the tame version or the hot version whichever peppers you choose. The hot jalapenos or hot diced chiles are often VERY spicy!
- Add diced red onion! Diced red onion would be a great substitute for the thinly sliced green onions in this recipe. They'll also add a nice crunch for a little different texture.
- Baked Spinach & Artichoke Dip
- Easy Olive Cheese Bread
- Vegan Olive Tapenade
- Jalapeno Popper Potato Skins
- Slow Cooker Whiskey BBQ Meatballs