Roast all the veggies on a sheet pan to save time and get this hearty, healthy dinner on the table in less than an hour!
This creamy carrot soup highlights my favorite root vegetable of all time – carrots – by roasting them with onion, garlic, a healthy drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of dried spices.
How do I make roasted carrot soup?
This soup could not be easier to make! You’re going to roast whole carrots along with some onion and garlic, give everything a quick blend with some vegetable broth, then stir in a healthy pour of coconut milk.
I like to garnish with a drizzle of coconut milk, crumbled goat cheese and chopped pecans. You could certainly skip the goat cheese if you would like to make this meal vegan.
Can I make this carrot soup ahead of time?
Yes! If your meal prep routine needs a kick in the pants, this SUPER SIMPLE creamy carrot soup is the answer you’ve been looking for.
The flavors of this soup just get better with time and it reheats beautifully making it a welcomed addition to your meal prep rotation. So you can spend less time in the kitchen and more time doing the important stuff!
Do I need to peel the carrots for the soup?
Nope! I’ve never been one for peeling my carrots because, hello, it just takes up more time! As long as you wash the carrot well, you won’t even notice the skin after this soup is all blended.
Also, if you can find them, it’s best to use whole, real carrots for this recipe! Baby carrots would work in a pinch, but the large carrots will give you more flavor.
Do I have to peel the other vegetables?
More good news – you don’t have to peel the garlic either! No sticky skin + no mincing = more time saved! Just slice the head in half width wise, drizzle with oil and roast in a little aluminum foil pouch.
You might be thinking, there’s a HEAD of garlic in this soup? Yes. There. Is. And I wouldn’t adjust it at all!
Roasting garlic really mellows the flavor and gives it an unbeatable slight sweetness along with a deep, rich flavor. It’s not anything like raw minced garlic, so trust me a head is necessary!
You will have to peel the onions before slicing them into large wedges.Print
This roasted carrot soup could not be easier or more delicious – and it’s vegan! You can have a hearty, healthy dinner on the table in less than an hour!
- 3 lbs. carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 yellow onion, sliced in 4 wedges
- 1 head garlic, halved width wise (leave skin on)
- 2 tablespoons + 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can full fat coconut milk (save a few teaspoons for garnish)
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- coconut milk
- toasted pecans
- crumbled goat cheese
- fresh chopped parsley
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Arrange carrots and onions in a single layer on a foil lined baking sheet. Drizzle them with 2 tablespoons olive oil. In a small bowl combine curry powder, thyme, garlic powder, paprika, cumin, and a large pinch of salt and pepper. Sprinkle about 2/3 of the spice mixture across the surface of the carrots and the onion wedges. Set the remaining seasoning aside.
- Place garlic in the center of a small piece of foil, drizzle cut side with 1/2 teaspoon olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Fold the corners of the foil up, creating a sealed pouch around the garlic. Place garlic pouch on the baking sheet.
- Roast carrot, onion and garlic for 50 minutes or until carrots are fork tender. Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes, then transfer carrots and onion to a high speed blender. Squeeze roasted garlic from the skins and into the blender as well. Add the vegetable broth and blend on high for about 3-5 minutes or until it is smooth.
- Pour pureed mixture into a large pot over medium heat. Stir in coconut milk and the remaining seasoning mixture. Cover and cook until heated through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve with a drizzle of coconut milk, toasted pecans, crumbled goat cheese and fresh chopped parsley.
Keywords: carrot soup, vegan carrot soup, roasted carrot soup, roasted veggie soup