This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
With just 10 minutes of prep time, this silky smooth vegetarian curried cauliflower soup is loaded with vegetables and seasoned with a winning flavor combination. This soup is the perfect way to sneak more veggies into your family's diet!
How to make this soup:
Drizzle two heads of halved garlic, onion wedges and large pieces of cauliflower with olive oil.
Season onion and cauliflower with a mixture of spices and roast for 1 hour.
Transfer veggies to a high speed blender. Squeeze roasted garlic from it's skin into the blender as well. Add vegetable stock.
Blend (in batches depending on the size of your blender) until smooth and creamy. Transfer to large pot.
Why you're going to love this recipe:
- It's SUPER healthy and tastes great! This soup is literally loaded with vegetables but it's also filled with flavor (thank you spice blend) and the texture is silky smooth and creamy (thank you coconut milk)!
- It's SUPER easy to make. With only 10 minutes of active prep time, this dinner is great for those nights when you want a hot and nutritious meal but don't have time for anything too involved. Your oven does all the work and you reap the benefits of a delicious healthy dinner!
- It's SUPER easy to get your kids involved in making this dinner! Let them help you measure the spices, drizzle the olive oil and stir in the coconut milk. I've said it before and I'll say it again - when kids have a part in making the meal, they are 10 times more likely to eat the meal!
Tips for making this recipe:
- Cut your cauliflower into uniform size pieces. Ensuring that they are all the same size means that they will roast evenly in the oven.
- Don't fret over the amount of garlic. 2 heads of garlic might seem like a lot but after it's been roasted the flavor becomes very mellow. 2 heads will give you enough of that deep, rich garlic flavor without overwhelming the soup.
- Feel free to sub heavy cream for the coconut milk if you'd like. On the rare occasion that I don't have coconut milk, I have subbed heavy cream in this cauliflower soup. I usually start with about ¾-1 cup of cream and add more as needed.
If you love this curried soup, check out these other family favorites:
- Vegan Curry Ramen Noodles
- Easy Curry Pork Ramen
- Pork Meatballs in Curry Sauce
- Creamy Vegan Squash Soup
- Vegan Tomato Soup
- Vegan Mushroom & Wild Rice Soup
This post was originally published in May of 2019. It was updated in November of 2019 to include process shots, step-by-step instructions and tips for making the best curried cauliflower soup every single time!