With just 10 minutes of prep time, this silky smooth vegetarian curried cauliflower soup is loaded with vegetables and seasoned with a winning flavor combination. This soup is the perfect way to sneak more veggies into your family's diet!
Drizzle two heads of halved garlic, onion wedges and large pieces of cauliflower with olive oil.
Season onion and cauliflower with a mixture of spices and roast for 1 hour.
Transfer veggies to a high speed blender. Squeeze roasted garlic from it's skin into the blender as well. Add vegetable stock.
Blend (in batches depending on the size of your blender) until smooth and creamy. Transfer to large pot.
You Will Love This
- It's SUPER healthy and tastes great! This soup is literally loaded with vegetables but it's also filled with flavor (thank you spice blend) and the texture is silky smooth and creamy (thank you coconut milk)!
- It's SUPER easy to make. With only 10 minutes of active prep time, this dinner is great for those nights when you want a hot and nutritious meal but don't have time for anything too involved. Your oven does all the work and you reap the benefits of a delicious healthy dinner!
- It's SUPER easy to get your kids involved in making this dinner! Let them help you measure the spices, drizzle the olive oil and stir in the coconut milk. I've said it before and I'll say it again - when kids have a part in making the meal, they are 10 times more likely to eat the meal!
- Cut your cauliflower into uniform size pieces. Ensuring that they are all the same size means that they will roast evenly in the oven.
- Don't fret over the amount of garlic. 2 heads of garlic might seem like a lot but after it's been roasted the flavor becomes very mellow. 2 heads will give you enough of that deep, rich garlic flavor without overwhelming the soup.
- Feel free to sub heavy cream for the coconut milk if you'd like. On the rare occasion that I don't have coconut milk, I have subbed heavy cream in this cauliflower soup. I usually start with about ¾-1 cup of cream and add more as needed.
Easy Soup Recipes
Questions? Leave a comment below!
Liked the recipe? Leave a comment below!
Made this dish? Leave a comment and star rating below!
Curried Cauliflower Soup [Vegan!]
Silky smooth, loaded with vegetables and seasoned with a winning flavor combination - this vegan curried cauliflower soup is a great way to add more veggies into your family's diet!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 25 minutes
- Yield: 8-10 servings 1x
- Category: Main Dish - Soup
- Method: Oven & Stove Top
- Cuisine: Indian
- 2 heads cauliflower, cut in large pieces
- 2 heads garlic, cut in half widthwise
- 1 yellow onion, cut into wedges
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- juice of 1 lime
- Kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place garlic in the center of a small piece of foil. Drizzle cut sides with a teaspoon or so of olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Fold the corners of the foil up, creating a sealed pouch around the garlic.
- Arrange cauliflower and onion on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Drizzle with the remaining olive oil.
- In a small bowl combine curry powder, cumin, sage, ginger, paprika and a large pinch of salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle spice mixture over the cauliflower and onion.
- Roast veggies for 1 hour or until the cauliflower is tender. Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Then transfer cauliflower and onion to a high speed blender.
- Squeeze roasted garlic from the skins and into the blender as well. Add the vegetable stock and blend on high for about 3-5 minutes or until it is smooth.
- Pour pureed mixture into a large pot over medium heat. Stir in coconut milk and lime juice.
- Cover and cook over medium heat until warmed through.
- Garnish with coconut milk, red pepper flakes and cilantro. Serve with naan bread.
Cut your cauliflower into uniform size pieces. Ensuring that they are all the same size means that they will roast evenly in the oven.
Don't fret over the amount of garlic. 2 heads of garlic might seem like a lot but after it's been roasted the flavor becomes very mellow. 2 heads will give you enough of that deep, rich garlic flavor without overwhelming the soup.
Feel free to sub heavy cream for the coconut milk if you'd like. On the rare occasion that I don't have coconut milk, I have subbed heavy cream in this cauliflower soup. I usually start with about ¾-1 cup of cream and add more as needed.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 177
- Sugar: 3.9 g
- Sodium: 358.4 mg
- Fat: 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 10 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 9.3 g
- Fiber: 2.9 g
- Protein: 2.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: roasted cauliflower soup, vegan cauliflower soup, healthy curried cauliflower soup
This post was originally published in May of 2019. It was updated in November of 2019 to include process shots, step-by-step instructions and tips for making the best curried cauliflower soup every single time!