This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Mediterranean Flatbread pizza is the perfect quick and easy vegetarian dinner for a busy weeknight! My 5 Minute Flatbread crust creates a crispy, crunchy base that is topped with homemade spinach pesto, mozzarella, feta, artichoke hearts, red onion, grape tomatoes, and black olives.
You'll Love This
- It's filled with fresh flavors. This Mediterranean flatbread pizza is my favorite meal to make when I'm really in the mood for pizza, but also in the mood for a big helping of veggies. It feels like comfort food but it's LOADED with vegetables! It offers the best of both worlds - cozy, yet filling!
- You can customize the toppings to suit your family's taste. This Mediterranean flatbread is a great way to clean out your fridge or pantry! You can use fresh veggies from the fridge that you need to use up - zucchini, peppers, or mushrooms. Or you can use your favorite jarred or canned veggies for this one - sun-dried tomatoes and roasted red peppers are some of my faves.
- It's better than your favorite take out pizza. I always *WANT* take out pizza. But, no matter how many pizza places we try, I'm ALWAYS disappointed with the pizza delivery. It's never as good as homemade and while it's nice to not have to put in the work, I'd rather spend a few minutes cleaning out the fridge and end up with an amazing dinner.
Make my quick and easy flatbread recipe and par-bake as instructed. Or purchase two store-bought flatbread crusts.
Brush both crusts with olive oil.
Divide pesto evenly between the crusts, spreading it in an even layer.
Divide shredded cheese between the two crusts.
Add tomatoes and red onions.
Add black olives, artichoke hearts, feta, and oregano along with a pinch of Kosher salt.
Bake for 5-10 minutes or until the veggies are tender and the cheese is melted. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and arugula and enjoy!
- If you have 5 minutes, I HIGHLY recommend that you make my quick and easy flatbread dough. There's no yeast required, the dough can be mixed right in your food processor and you only have to knead it for 1 minute! But, if you don't have the time (or energy) to make flatbreads, my favorite store-bought flatbreads are these Stonefire naans.
- You can also use pizza dough in place of the flatbread in this recipe. I'd recommend my quick and easy pizza dough recipe or my no knead pizza dough recipe. Or you can use your favorite store-bought dough. Just roll it thin, poke it all over with a fork, and par-bake it for 5-10 minutes at 550 degrees.
- Add/adjust toppings according to your family's tastes just keep the ratios about the same. ¼ cup of sauce, 4 ounces of cheese, and a cup or so of veggies is the sweet spot for introducing plenty of flavors but making sure that the flatbread doesn't get soggy.
- If you don't have any of my homemade spinach pesto on hand, you can store-bought in its place OR you can just use a moderate layer of olive oil and add some thinly sliced garlic across the crust as well. This will bump up the flavor and replace some of what you'll miss from the pesto.
Other Family Favorites
- 5 Minute Flatbread Recipe - NO YEAST
- Simple Spinach Pesto
- Mexican Street Corn Flatbread
- Caprese Flatbread Recipe
- Caramelized Onion & Gorgonzola Flatbread
- Brie and Blackberry Flatbread
- Tomato, Spinach & Feta Pizza