This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
The quickest, easiest no knead pizza dough recipe you'll find! Just add everything to a bowl, mix it well and let it rise for 24 hours!
How to make no knead pizza dough:
Combine ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
Gently stir with a fork.
Stir until the dough comes together and cleans the sides of the bowl.
Cover with a clean kitchen towel and place in the warmest part of your kitchen to rise for 24 hours.
Transfer dough to a gently floured surface and work it into a ball.
Slice dough half.
Preheat oven to 550 degrees. Gently work dough into two circles on a lightly floured surface.
Par-bake pizza crust for 3-5 minutes.
Bake at 550 degrees for about 10 minutes and enjoy!
Why you're going to love this pizza dough recipe:
- You barely have to lift a finger! It does require a bit of planning (as it needs 24 hours to rise) but the prep work is minimal. Just stir, let it rise and come back to deliciously yeasty, stretchy dough!
- The crispy crust is second to none! I have found this to be my most favorite crispy pizza crust recipe. I like to make my pies a slightly thin version of hand tossed crust and this crust lends itself really well to this type of pizza - the bottom is cracker thin and crunchy while the crust is crispy on the outside and slightly chewy on the inside.
- It freezes really well! Which means you don't always have to wait 24 hours to enjoy this delicious dough. Just set the frozen dough out on the counter for an hour or so to thaw OR thaw overnight in the fridge!
Tips for making the best pizza crust:
- Make sure you are measuring flour the right way. Sally's Baking Addiction has an awesome post all about the importance of measuring flour the right way along with detailed instructions on how to do it. This is a must-read for anyone who bakes regularly!
- First and foremost, if you have a pizza pan - USE IT. Any pizza lover will tell you that cooking pizza on a pan or a stone will always yield a crispier and more delicious crust! My favorite pizza pan is this one and honestly it was the best money I've ever spent. It's extremely affordable and will pay for itself a dozen times over in the quality of the pizza it creates!
- Don't overwork the dough. Gently work the dough in circles on a floured surface creating the crust. Then use your hands to gently slap it back and forth between them until your crust reaches the desired size. Check out this article for detailed instructions on how to toss pizza dough.
- Less is more as far as toppings go! It's tempting to spread a giant scoop of tomato sauce or pile on a mountain of cheese, but adding too much will not allow the crust to cook evenly or all the way through. The result will be a soggy, sloppy mess and no one wants that!
Other easy family favorites you'll love:
- Loaded Baked Potato Pizza
- Pesto & Tomato Pizza
- 30 Minute Baked Ravioli
- 20 Minute One Pot Mac and Cheese
- Chicken & Wild Rice Casserole
This post was originally published in April of 2018. It was updated in September of 2019 to include process shots, step-by-step instructions and tips for making the best pizza dough every single time!