This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This is the easiest pizza dough pretzel bites recipe ever! Just over 30 minutes and 6 ingredients is all it takes to get these salty little squares baked up fresh, warm and ready to eat! Serve with easy crock pot queso!
You'll Love These
- They're almost too easy to make! Did you see that ingredient list? And prep time? Both are short and sweet which means you can throw these together whenever the mood strikes for a tasty, homemade, salty snack!
- Everyone is going to LOVE them! And everyone is going to love YOU for making them. This is one of that's snacks that is quintessentially a crowd-pleaser. Whether your family and friends enjoy dipping them in honey mustard, spicy mustard or my 4 ingredient queso is irrelevant. Everyone loves a soft pretzel and cutting them into cute little bites means they'll just have to go back for more!
- The flavor is SO similar to a traditional soft pretzel. Honestly, if you had both side by side, you probably wouldn't be able to tell a difference. Pizza dough and pretzel dough are so very similar that once the dough is boiled in baking soda water, there's basically no difference between the two!
Cut the rectangle of pizza dough lengthwise into 4 equal-sized strips.
Pinch the cut sides of the dough together.
Gently roll each strip into a rope.
Cut each rope into 1 inch pieces.
When the water comes to a boil, slowly pour in baking soda.
Add pizza dough squares in 2-3 batches to the boiling water, cooking the dough for about 30-60 seconds.
Use a slotted spoon to remove boiled dough from the pot.
Place them on a paper towel lined baking sheet. Continue with remaining dough.
Transfer dough bites to a parchment lined baking sheet. Brush each bite with egg wash.
Bake for 15-18 minutes or until pretzels are dark golden brown.
- Don't fill the pot of water too full. You want it at least 3-4 inches below the rim of the pot. If you fill it too full, after you add the baking soda it will overflow and make a big mess.
- Gently peel the pretzel bites from the paper towel lined baking sheet. The pretzel bites will want to stick to the paper towel after you remove them from the boiling water. The paper towel is important because it will soak up the excess water from the pretzel bites. If you peel very gently, the pretzel bites will release easily. Slow and gentle is key here!
- Check the pretzel bites after about 13-14 minutes in the oven and pull them as soon as they've reached your desired level of dark brown deliciousness. I like a nice deep dark brown color on my soft pretzels, but some prefer a sun kissed light brown. If you want to pull them before they get dark brown, I'd recommend tasting one of them just to make sure that they are cooked all the way through in the middle.
- Baked Spinach & Artichoke Dip
- Jalapeno Popper Potato Skins
- Baked Jalapeno Poppers
- Olive Oil & Balsamic Bread Dip
- Roasted Garlic Goat Cheese Dip