This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This quick and easy vegetarian No-Boil Pasta Bake takes just a few minutes to throw together and utilizes a combination of pantry staple ingredients including store-bought spaghetti sauce, dried spices, and boxed noodles along with plenty of mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses! The noodles will cook right in the oven which saves you time and energy making dinner!
You'll Love This
- It could not be easier to make! This no-boil pasta bake is one of the most simple, straight forward, easy peasy recipes you'll find on the blog. It's perfect for those nights when you want a warm, homecooked meal, but don't have the energy for a lot of prep work. Everything cooks in one pot which means you save time and leaves you with fewer dishes to do after dinner!
- It uses mainly pantry staple ingredients that you'll likely have on hand already! The one thing we always have in the cupboard is boxed noodles and spaghetti sauce - which is a great dinner in itself! But sometimes, I want something a little extra special. And something that doesn't require bringing water to a boil or dirtying a lot of dishes. This pasta checks all the boxes.
- You can clean out your fridge and add whatever leftover veggies you've got to this baked pasta! We almost always have half a bag of spinach hanging out in the back of the fridge or leftover in the freezer for smoothies - and spinach is one of the veggies that I can sneak into any dish and my daughter will eat it, which is why you'll see it in a lot of my pasta dishes! However, any dark leafy green will work, otherwise, leftover roasted or grilled veggies are a great addition as well!
Heat oven to 400 degrees. Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium-low heat. Add garlic, oregano, and a couple pinches of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
Stir to combine. Cover tightly with a lid or tin foil.
Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the pasta is cooked al dente.
Top with freshly torn mozzarella and shredded Parmesan.
Broil for 1-2 minutes or until the cheese is melted and turning golden brown.
Garnish with fresh basil and grated Parmesan and enjoy!
- To measure 24 oz. of water, just use the spaghetti sauce jar! After you've added all the sauce to the pasta, add the water to the empty jar, cover it with the lid and give it a few shakes to loosen any leftover sauce from the sides of the jar and add it to the pasta. This way you don't have to dirty a measuring cup AND you get every last bit of spaghetti sauce out of the jar!
- You can use whatever cheese you've got on hand! 16 oz. of cheese TOTAL is the sweet spot, but feel free to use your family's favorite in place of the fresh mozzarella and Parmesan. Sometimes I like to add a little extra bite and nuttiness to this baked pasta with sharp white cheddar cheese, but your favorite shredded cheese will do! Fontina, Havarti, Muenster, Monterey Jack, Gruyere, or even Gouda will all be delicious in this baked pasta!
- You can sub whatever kind of noodles you've got on hand for the rotini - just make sure it's a short cut of pasta. Penne, farfalle, elbow macaroni, and rigatoni all work great. Longer cuts of pasta will work in a pinch, but the shorter cuts of pasta are going to work better and cook more evenly in a dish like this.
- Check the pasta after about 30-35 minutes of baking to see if it's al dente. Carefully grab a noodle and see if it is tender, but still has a bit of toothsome bite. This is al dente - and the way you'll know that your noodles are perfectly cooked! Once the noodles are al dente, top with the fresh mozzarella and broil for just a minute or two to get a melty, cheesy crust on top.
- This is a great recipe to let the kids help with! Let them measure out the ingredients, add them to the baking dish, and stir everything together. This no-boil pasta bake is the perfect simple recipe to get the kids involved in meal preparation.
Family Favorite Pastas
- 20 Minute One Pot Mac & Cheese
- One Pot Caprese Mac & Cheese
- One Pot Mushroom Stroganoff
- No Boil Baked Vegetarian Lasagna
- Super Easy Homemade Garlic Bread
- Simple Vegan Spaghetti Sauce