This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
You are just 30 minutes away from enjoying this super simple roasted red pepper soup! Jarred roasted red peppers, smoked Gouda, heavy cream and dried herbs combine for the most flavorful vegetarian soup ever!
You'll Love This
- It's quick and easy! We are talking 12 pantry staple ingredients and just 30 minutes from start to finish! If that doesn't scream, WEEK NIGHT DINNER!!! I'm not sure what does! Make a batch of this on Sunday and you've got lunches taken care of for the week. While you're at it, be sure to bake up a quick batch of my super easy herby croutons while the soup cooks!
- The flavors are incredible! Charred, roasted red peppers combined with smokey Gouda cheese AND heavy cream. Just get right out of town, okay?! If you love Panera's roasted red pepper soup, let me tell you, this soup blows it out of the water! The smoked Gouda is the key ingredient that takes this soup to the next level.
- Jarred roasted red peppers make this soup a breeze to throw together! There's a time and a place for freshly roasted red peppers. But that time is not now and that place is not this soup. I'm all for roasting your own peppers, but I'll be honest - there's perfectly delicious roasted red peppers in a cute little jar just waiting for you at the grocery store.
Saute onion, garlic and dried herbs along with a couple larges pinches of salt and pepper.
Add roasted red peppers.
Then add veggie broth to the pot and simmer.
Blend soup in a high speed blender until smooth and creamy. Then add heavy cream.
Stir in shredded Gouda and cook over low heat until cheese is melted and soup is heated through.
Add a splash of apple cider vinegar and season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with heavy cream, chopped pistachios and fresh parsley and enjoy!
- If you can't find smoked Gouda, any smoked cheese will work. Try smoked mozzarella, smoked cheddar or even smoked provolone. The smokey flavor is really what's going to add the flavor to this soup. It's much less about the type of cheese and more about ensuring that the variety of cheese you pick is smoked.
- You can use an immersion blender or a high speed blender for this soup. If using a blender, be very careful when transferring the hot soup to the blender! Also, make sure that the when you place the lid on the blender, you open the pour spout to allow the heat to escape from the blender and gently place a clean kitchen towel over the opening. Hot liquid whizzing around an enclosed space is a recipe for disaster! Without the opening in the lid for the steam to escape, the pressure of the steam from the soup will force the lid to fly off - resulting in hot soup covering your kitchen. I'm telling this story from personal experience in case you can't tell...
- Don't skip the homemade croutons! They are so easy and a great way to use up that stale loaf of sourdough you've got lying around! There is no better accompaniment to a big bowl of warm, creamy soup than crispy, herby croutons!
If you loved this red pepper soup, check out these other quick and easy family favorites:
- Beer Cheese Soup with Sausage & Potatoes
- Creamy Vegan Tomato Soup
- Quick + Easy Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Spicy Sausage, Kale & Lentil Soup
- Tomato Tortellini Soup
- Creamy Vegan Butternut Squash Soup