This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Sheet Pan Pizza is the easiest weeknight dinner ever! Perfectly thick, crispy, yet chewy pizza crust is topped with plenty of shredded mozzarella, a hint of Parmesan, and all your family's favorite pizza toppings!
You'll Love This
- It's so quick and easy! We do sheet pan pizza every Friday night at our house. And to be honest, we sometimes eat it one other night of the week as well. It's so easy to throw together. I've always got a frozen ball of pizza dough in the fridge. And it's something I know my daughter will always eat!
- It's a great "clean out the fridge" meal! Our family's favorite pizza toppings include all the veggies we can find, lots of different kinds of cheeses, and usually some kind of homemade pesto or sun-dried tomato sauce. Pizza is our favorite way to use up those odds and ends hanging around in the fridge. A few olives, the last couple balls of mozzarella, or the leftover pepperoni from mini biscuit dough calzones become the perfect pizza toppings!
- You can customize the toppings to suit your family's tastes! If you've got picky eaters, chances are good pizza is on their list of favorite foods. Even if it's plain cheese or just pepperoni - pizza is usually something that everyone will eat! When we can't all agree on the toppings, we'll section off the pizza and let each person add whatever sauce, cheese, and toppings they want. That way we all get something we like and everyone helps make dinner!
Sprinkle Parmesan cheese in an even layer across the pizza.
Sprinkle the mozzarella in an even layer across the pizza.
Add pepperoni in a single layer.
Add sausage, breaking it up into ½"-¾" pieces.
Add sliced green pepper and onion. Brush crust with olive oil if desired.
Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through. Allow to cool a few minutes, then slice and enjoy!
- You should definitely try out my Quick Pizza Dough or No-Knead Pizza Dough for this sheet pan pizza! Both come together very easily - the quick pizza dough is ready in about an hour with minimal prep work. And the no-knead pizza dough requires no prep work other than stirring the ingredients together, but it will have to rise for at least 8 hours. Of course, store-bought dough will always work in place of homemade as well!
- Use just 1 pound of dough instead of 2 pounds for a thinner crust! We have tried this recipe both ways and it turns out delicious with 1 or 2 pounds of dough! If you're just using 1 pound of dough, you can skip the 5-7 minute par-bake mentioned in the recipe card. The dough will be thin enough that it will cook through with the toppings on it. But if you're using 2 pounds of dough (as the recipe calls for), don't skip the par-bake. It will ensure that you get the crust perfectly crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside without being soggy!
- Use more shredded mozzarella in place of the Parmesan. If you don't have Parmesan on hand, just add more mozzarella (or any other cheese) in its place! I love the addition of Parmesan because it adds more depth of flavor with a hint of salty nuttiness. But you really can use literally any cheese that you've got in your fridge!
- You don't have to cook the sausage before you bake the pizza. You'll notice that in this recipe, I don't cook the sausage before adding it to the pizza. This was a little trick I picked up from my favorite pizzeria in town - and I've never cooked sausage for a pizza since! The sausage cooks right in the oven, ON the pizza. That means one less dish for you to wash and the sausage imparts more flavor on the pizza because the bit of grease that normally cooks off in the saute process goes right into the pizza!
Other Family Favorites
- Easy Beer Pizza Dough
- Super Quick Pizza Dough
- No-Knead Pizza Dough
- Cast Iron Skillet Pizza
- BBQ Chickpea Pizza