This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Baked Feta Appetizer comes together in just minutes with only a handful of ingredients – olives, sun-dried tomatoes, fresh garlic, olive oil, and dried herbs. Bake it all together with a block of feta cheese until it’s warm and creamy then serve with crispy crostini!
You’ll Love This
- It’s so quick and easy! The only prep work required for this baked feta is thinly slicing the garlic! Other than that it’s pretty much just throw everything in a baking dish and bake. Which is what makes it one of our family’s favorites.
- It’s feta like you’ve never had it before! We’ve all enjoyed crumbled feta on a Greek salad or a vegetarian pizza, but this baked feta is a warm, decadent way to enjoy feta cheese in a whole new way! It’s got roasted olives, garlic, and sun-dried tomatoes in an olive oil marinade. The flavors are amazing, the texture is indulgent and the way it all comes together will make this your go-to appetizer recipe too!
- It’s a delicious appetizer or side dish to serve along with:
Bake for 20 minutes. Broil for 1-2 minutes. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and sliced French bread or crostini.
- My favorite feta to use for this recipe is the kind that comes as a block in a brine liquid. Being stored in brine gives the feta cheese a lot of extra moisture which helps to increase the creaminess in this baked feta. Just make sure you drain the brine off before baking!
- If you can’t find a block in brine, just a regular block of feta will work as well. It will give you a very similar taste and texture as the feta that comes in brine. Honestly, crumbled feta would likely work too, the presentation will just be slightly different and you may need to bake it for less time.
- If you’re not into olives, try roasting the feta with grape tomatoes instead! Keep everything the same, just replace the olives with tomatoes! The tomatoes will become tender, roasted, and delicious! You could also just skip the olives all together and enjoy this baked feta with the sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, and herbs!
Quick & Easy Appetizers
- Baked Spinach & Artichoke Dip
- Quick & Easy Pork Dumplings
- Pizza Dough Pretzel Bites
- Crock Pot Queso Dip
- Roasted Tomatoes with Burrata & Balsamic
- Cheesy Olive Bread
This Baked Feta Appetizer comes together in just minutes with only a handful of ingredients – olives, sun-dried tomatoes, fresh garlic, olive oil, and herbs. Bake it all together with a block of feta cheese until it’s warm and creamy then serve with crispy crostini!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Greek/American
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add feta to a small baking dish.
- Add olives and sun-dried tomatoes to the baking dish around the feta.
- In a small dish combine olive oil, sliced garlic, oregano, thyme, rosemary, and a couple pinches of salt and pepper.
- Pour over the block of feta, olives, and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Broil for 1-2 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and sliced French bread or crostini.
Keywords: roasted feta, baked feta recipe, Greek baked feta, baked feta cheese