This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Quick, easy and healthy – these sheet pan chicken fajitas are loaded with flavor but take just minutes to prep and bake. You’ll have a hearty dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes with this foolproof recipe!
Place chicken, onion, and peppers in a single layer on a large baking sheet.
Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with my signature fajita spice blend (hint: it’s NOT a packet of fajita seasoning – have you seen the ingredients in those?!?!)
Toss to coat veggies and chicken evenly with the oil and seasoning.
Bake for 10 minutes. Then stir meat and veggies on the pan and bake for 5 more minutes. Broil on high 2-3 minutes just to get the edges of everything crispy and a little charred.
Serve on flour tortillas with all your favorite fajita toppings!
You’ll Love This
- The spice blend is made with classic pantry staple seasonings. Have you read the ingredient list on those store-bought fajita or taco seasonings? It’s a long list filled with lots of preservatives. You can make a quick fajita seasoning that is just as flavorful (if not more so) with the seasonings you’ve already got in your pantry! Save yourself the money and preservatives and make your own seasoning. But also, I’m so NOT judging you if you decide to use a packet of fajita seasoning. I’ve done it before and I’ll do it again. But when I have time I like to season with my own blend!
- They’re real quick and easy. We are talking maybe 5-10 minutes of prep to slice your veggies, which by the way you can totally do the day before or just whenever you get a few free minutes. Then another 18ish minutes to bake everything together and voila! Restaurant quality chicken fajitas with minimal prep or effort! Those are my favorite kinds of dinners!
- This is a great meal prep recipe! Prep a double batch on Sunday and you’ve got at least 3-4 dinners for your family! Or make it into a salad or burrito bowl and enjoy it for lunch at work. The chicken and veggies re-heat like a dream – either in the microwave or in a pot on the stove with a splash of water.
- Buy chicken tenders instead of breasts – it’ll save you time cutting them into fajita size strips! I’m all about time-saving and to be honest, I hate cutting raw meat. So I buy the chicken boneless, skinless chicken tenders so I just to slice each tender into 2-3 pieces which saves a few minutes of time!
- Feel free to switch up the veggies to suit your taste! Sometimes I’ll add poblanos if I have them on hand and I’ve even added thickly sliced mushrooms into the mix with a great result. This recipe is super versatile, just make sure whatever veggies you’re using to account for their difference in cook time (ie: carrots and potatoes take longer to roast than peppers, onions, and mushrooms).
- Add a couple pinches of cayenne to give the fajitas a little kick! If your family like it’s hot, add a pinch of cayenne or chipotle powder for a little extra zing. Just remember – a little goes a long way!
- Feel free to prep the veggies, chicken and spice mixture a day or two in advance. Then when you’re ready for dinner you can throw everything on the sheet pan, toss it with the seasoning and bake!
- Can I use another kind of meat instead of chicken?
- Sure! Thinly sliced steak or even shrimp would be DELISH in this recipe too!
- What if I don’t have a sheet pan?
- No worries! Feel free to use any large baking dish in place of the sheet pan. It’s ideal to have the chicken and veggies in a single layer so they cook evenly so you might end up having to use two baking dishes to fit everything that way.
- Easy Mexican Burgers
- Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers
- Mexican Breakfast Casserole
- Simple Chipotle Slaw
- Easy Honey Lime Chicken Tacos
- Southwest Salad with Homemade Dressing
Quick, easy and healthy – these sheet pan chicken fajitas are loaded with flavor but take just minutes to prep and bake. You’ll have a hearty dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes with this fool proof recipe!
- 1 lb. chicken breast tenders, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place chicken, onion, and peppers in a single layer on a large baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, paprika, oregano, onion powder and a large pinch of Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper. Toss to coat evenly.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Then stir meat and veggies on the pan and bake for 5 more minutes.
- Broil on high 2-3 minutes just to get the edges of everything crispy and a little charred.
- Serve on flour tortillas with all your favorite fajita toppings!
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: sheet pan chicken recipes, baked fajitas, healthy fajitas