This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This quick and easy California BLT Flatbread is loaded with all your favorite flavors of a classic BLT, but with a tasty avocado twist. The crispy flatbread crust is topped with olive oil, garlic, fresh mozzarella, crispy bacon, grape tomatoes, and arugula. Then it's drizzled with a thick, creamy avocado sauce for a West Coast take on a family favorite.
You'll Love This
- It's way more fun than a regular BLT. I have yet to find a person who doesn't enjoy a BLT - or at least a modified version of one. In this recipe, the mayo of a traditional BLT is replaced with olive oil and thinly sliced garlic. Then fresh mozzarella is added (because you can't have a flatbread without cheese!) then crispy crumbled bacon, along with ripe grape tomatoes, fresh greens of your choice, and a creamy avocado sauce. It's basically a BLT but in a more handheld, easy-to-eat appetizer form.
- If you haven't had avocado on your BLT before, you are seriously missing out! A California style BLT is just like a regular BLT but with cool, creamy avocado on it. For this flatbread, I found that a thick drizzle of my favorite avocado sauce was the perfect way to achieve that flavor of avocado while getting a little bit on every bite. This sauce takes just minutes to throw together and gets mixed up in a food processor, so it's an easy addition to a delicious dinner.
- It's a quick and easy weeknight meal! This BLT flatbread takes just about the same time to throw together as a regular BLT itself. And while a classic BLT is always a family favorite, sometimes it's nice to try something a little different. You can make the bacon, avocado sauce, and flatbreads ahead of time so when it comes time to make dinner, it will take just a few minutes to throw it all together.
Add fresh mozzarella, dividing it evenly between the two flatbreads.
Bake for about 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Add bacon to the flatbreads and bake for another few minutes.
Top with grape tomatoes and fresh greens.
Then add creamy avocado sauce and sliced avocado. Enjoy!
- If you don't have time to make your own flatbread, the grocery store usually has some great options. My personal favorite is these Stonefire naans. They also have some cute mini ones that are fun too - those would be nice for individual flatbreads.
- Pro tip = bake your bacon in the oven! This is the fastest way to cook a package of bacon (and the easiest)! You can toss it in the oven and then get all the other parts of the flatbread ready while it's cooking. This will save you tons of prep time in the kitchen. And it will also save you from having to clean up a splatter-filled stovetop after cooking greasy bacon in a pan. Baked bacon is the best.
- If you aren't in the mood to make that creamy avocado sauce, you can just slice up some avocados and add them to the flatbread. However, the avocado sauce requires just a handful of ingredients and comes together in about 2 seconds in a food processor - and it tastes AMAZING. So I highly recommend taking the extra couple of minutes to make it.
Family Favorite Flatbreads
- Blueberry Goat Cheese Flatbread
- Mexican Street Corn Flatbread
- Easy Mediterranean Flatbread
- Caprese (Tomato & Mozzarella) Flatbread
- Caramelized Onion & Blue Cheese Flatbread
- Brie & Blackberry Flatbread